All Bamboo (and trusted partners acting on our behalf) uses your personal data:
● to provide goods to you;
● to make a tailored website available to you;
● to manage any registered account(s) that you hold with us;
● to verify your identity;
● for crime and fraud prevention, detection and related purposes;
● with your agreement, to contact you electronically about promotional offers and products and services which we think may interest you;
● for market research and advertising purposes, including to understand our customers’ behaviour, activities, preferences, and needs;
● to enable All Bamboo to manage customer service interactions with you; and
● where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (for example in relation to an investigation by a public authority or in a legal dispute).
All Bamboo uses your personal data for electronic marketing purposes (with your consent). You have the right to opt out of receiving promotional communications at any time, by:
● making use of the simple “unsubscribe” link in emails; and/or
● contacting All Bamboo via the contact channels set out below.
Sharing data with third parties
Our service providers and suppliers
In order to make certain services available to you, we may need to share your personal data with some of our service partners. These include technology, delivery and marketing service providers.
We may share some of your data with third party advertising and marketing providers, such as Google (to deliver advertising to you if you are using Google).
All Bamboo only allows its service providers to handle your personal data when we have confirmed that they apply appropriate data protection and security controls. We also agree contractual obligations with service providers relating to data protection and security, which mean they can only use your data to provide services to All Bamboo, and for no other purposes.
Other third parties
Apart from our service providers, All Bamboo will not disclose your personal data to any third party, except as set out below. We will never sell or rent your customer data to other organisations for marketing purposes.
We may share your data with governmental bodies, regulators, law enforcement agencies, courts/tribunals and insurers where we are required to do so to comply with our legal obligations or to exercise our legal rights (for example in court cases).
To deliver products and services to you, it is necessary for All Bamboo to share your data outside of the United Kingdom and the European Economic Area. This will typically occur when service providers are located outside the UK or the EEA or if you are based outside the UK or the EEA. For example, our website is hosted on the Shopify platform on servers located in Canada, and we use MailChimp, which is based in the United States, to host our mailing lists. These transfers are subject to special rules under data protection laws.
If this happens, we will ensure that the transfer will be compliant with data protection laws and all personal data will be secure.
How long do we keep your data?
All Bamboo may collect the following information about you:
● your name;
● your contact details: postal address including billing and delivery addresses, telephone numbers (including mobile numbers) and e-mail address;
● purchases and orders made by you;
● your online browsing activities on the All Bamboo website;
● your password(s);
● when you make a purchase or place an order with us using a payment card, your payment card details;
● your communication and marketing preferences;
● your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses;
● your location;
● your correspondence and communications with All Bamboo; and
● other publicly available personal data, including any which you have shared via a public platform (such as a Twitter feed or public Facebook page).
Our website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
All Bamboo is committed to keeping your personal data safe and secure.
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed. Our security measures include encryption of data, security access controls and internal data security policies.
Our website is hosted on Shopify, a leading provider of online shopping services. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products to you. Your data is stored through Shopify’s data storage, databases and the general Shopify application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall.
Payment cards are processed using a payment gateway provided by Stripe, one of the world's leading internet payment service providers.
If you choose to pay by card to complete your purchase, the information is encrypted and stored in compliance with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted. Although no method of transmission over the internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, Shopify follows all PCI-DSS requirements and implements additional generally accepted industry standards. Both Shopify and Stripe are certified Level 1 PCI-DSS compliant, the highest standard of data security compliance for payment card processors.
You have the following rights:
● the right to ask what personal data that we hold about you at any time, subject to a fee specified by law;
● the right to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you free of charge; and
● the right to opt out of any marketing communications that we may send you.
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us using the contact details set out below.
All Bamboo collects and uses customers’ personal data because is it necessary for:
● the pursuit of our legitimate interests (as set out below);
● the purposes of complying with our duties and exercising our rights under a contract for the sale of goods to a customer; or
● complying with our legal obligations.
In general, we only rely on consent as a legal basis for processing in relation to sending direct marketing communications to customers via email. Customers have the right to withdraw consent at any time. Where consent is the only legal basis for processing, we will cease to process data after consent is withdrawn.
Our legitimate interests
The normal legal basis for processing customer data is that it is necessary for the legitimate interests of All Bamboo, including:
● selling and delivering goods to our customers;
● promoting, marketing and advertising our products and services;
● sending promotional communications which are relevant and tailored to individual customers;
● understanding our customers’ behaviour, activities, preferences and needs;
● improving existing products and developing new products;
● complying with our legal and regulatory obligations;
● preventing, investigating and detecting crime, fraud or anti-social behaviour and prosecuting offenders, including working with law enforcement agencies;
● handling customer contacts, queries, complaints or disputes;
● protecting All Bamboo, its employees and customers, by taking appropriate legal action against third parties who have committed criminal acts or are in breach of legal obligations to All Bamboo;
● effectively handling any legal claims or regulatory enforcement actions taken against All Bamboo; and
● fulfilling our duties to our customers, employees and other stakeholders.
If you have any questions about how All Bamboo uses your personal data that are not answered here, or if you want to exercise your rights regarding your personal data, please contact us by any of the following means:
You may also write to us at the following address, but we will be able to deal with your issue more quickly if you e-mail or call us: All Bamboo Limited, Lytchett House, 13 Freeland Park, Wareham Road, Poole, Dorset BH16 6FA, United Kingdom.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office in the UK. Further information, including contact details, is available at https://ico.org.uk.